Stock and Shareholding
- Q1 To which stock exchange and when were your stocks listed?
- A1 Since July 16, 2013, its listing has been changed from the former Osaka Securities Exchange, 2nd Section to the Tokyo Stock Exchange, 2nd Section due to the integration of Osaka Securities Exchange and Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Q2 Who are the share register manager and the account administration authority for special accounts?
Our shareholder register manager and account administration authority for special accounts are the Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation.
Administrator of shareholder registry & special account manager
Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
1-4-5 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Office work place
Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation Corporate Agency Business Unit
1-4-5 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
※*For "special account"
For shareholders who did not use Japan Securities Depository Center before the launch of electronic share certificate system, special account has been opened at Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation. Please contact the telephone number above to make inquiry and to report change of shareholder's address.
- Q3 Tell me about stock-related office procedures such as address changes.
- A3 If you are a stockholder that has opened an account at a securities company, please contact the securities company that holds the account for the information on the notifications and/or inquiries of address changes, etc. If you are a stockholder that has not opened an account at a securities company (i.e., a stockholder with a special account), please make a phone call to the telephone number of A2.
- Q4 I would like to sell stocks less than one unit.
Please utilize the system to request the purchase of stocks less than one unit.
Requesting the purchase of stocks means that a stockholder owning stocks less than one unit request the company to purchase them.
As for the procedure of purchase requests, a stockholder who has opened his account at a securities company should contact the company that holds the account. If you are a stockholder that has not opened an account at a securities company (i.e., a stockholder with a special account), please make a phone call to the telephone number of A2.
- Q5 I would like to make one unit stock (100 stocks) out of stocks less than one unit.
Please feel free to make purchase requests for shares of less than one unit.
“Purchase requests” constitute a system whereby shareholders holding shares of less than one unit can request purchase of the necessary number of shares from the company.
Shareholders who have established an account with a securities company should inquire at that securities company about the purchase request procedure.
Shareholders who have not established an account with a securities company (shareholders with special accounts) should inquire via the A2 telephone reference. line.
- Q6 When is the date of right allotment of dividends?
- A6 The date to determine dividend rights (date of rights allotment) for the fiscal year ended December 2019 will be December 31.
- Q7 What is your policy for shareholder perks ?
The Company has introduced a shareholder perks program to appreciate the support of shareholders and to encourage investments in the Company’s shares for a medium- to long-term. We, however, regret to inform you that the program will be suspended in view of the Company’s deteriorated business results and a decline in dividend payouts for fiscal 2019. The Company made the decision after carefully reviewing the program.
We consider returns to shareholders to be our top priority and aim to enhance corporate value by focusing on improving business performance. We would appreciate your understanding and assistance.
- Q8 Tell me about the dividend for the full year ended December 2019.
- A8 The projected dividend for the fiscal year ending December 2019 is 1 JPY.
- Q9 Tell me about the future plan and policy of dividends.
Our company regards the appropriate return of profits to stockholders as one of the primary management assignments and makes it a basic policy to attempt at active profit returns, while taking into general consideration future management environments and industry trends.
Our company will continue to appropriately make return of profits according to this policy.
- Q10 Do you have a plan to hold general meetings of stockholders on Saturday or Sunday, give round-table conferences, or avoid the days on which many companies hold the above meetings?
- A10 While regarding general meetings of stockholders as a rare opportunity to meet existing stockholders, we will make efforts toward holding them on Saturday or Sunday, giving round-table conferences, or avoiding the days on which many companies hold the meetings.
- Q11 Will you continue to hold general meetings of stockholders in Tokyo?
- A11 Regarding the place of general meetings of stockholders, we have held them in Tokyo since 2011, when we moved our headquarters there. We will continue to give them in Tokyo from next year onward.
- Q12 Could you tell me the date of the stock split?
- A12 We conducted a 2-for-1 split on its common stock on June 1st 2012 (the effective)
- Q13 What is Rights Offering?
- A13 A Rights Offering is one method for companies to raise funds by allotting subscription rights to shareholders without contributions and having shareholders exercise these rights. Please go to the below link for more details.
- Q14 Tell us the reason why you became specialized in holding services.
- A14 J Trust shifted to become a holding company with intention to ensure risk management and to enhance compliance system. It also allows us to plan business strategies while taking into account situations of the group companies, to make prompt and clear-cut responses to changes in the business environment, and to create environment for each group company to further specialize in its own business.
- Q15 Let me know the reason that you moved your headquarters to Tokyo.
Based on the overconcentration of information into the Tokyo metropolitan district, with a view to realizing more efficient and speedy managements, we have moved the headquarters operations to Tokyo.
We expect that this will enable us to acquire M&A items more timely and speedily, leading us to the expansion of our services.
- Q16 Please tell us J Trust's purposes and goals of entering savings bank business in South Korea?
Chinae Savings Bank (currently JT Chinae Savings Bank ) opened for business in October 2012. It aims at creating a successful business model for savings bank business in South Korea, while making use of know-hows accumulated from financial business in both Japan and South Korea to expand its loan business.
Chinae also intends to contribute to South Korean economy by meeting a wide range of financial needs of small and medium-sized businesses as well as local consumers through expansion of financial services.
- Q17 Tell me about the career of your company’s President & CEO.
- A17 Graduated from the University of Tokyo. He became a majority shareholder of J Trust through a Take Over Bid (TOB) in March 2008. He is a President & CEO of J Trust.
- Q18 Tell me about the role of the Advisory Board.
- A18 In order to improve the corporate value of J Trust, to strengthen compliance, and to increase the quality of corporate governance etc., this group plays a role as an advisory body to the J Trust President & CEO by providing opinions from a broader perspective, offering advice, and making best use of management strategy. Advisory Board is composed of 4 ex-officials of the Ministry of Finance and 1 ex-official of the National Police Agency. It is planned that the group will meet quarterly with additional participants from the finance industry, judicial experts, and other specialists.
- Q19 Tell me whether the internal control is functioning well or not, although you are making marked development such as the increase in the number of subsidiaries, organizational restructuring, and so forth accompanied by the promotion of M&A.
J trust , which considers compliance is the basis of all risk managements, has established "Compliance & Risk Management Committee " for the enhancement of compliance structure of the group.
The committee has established an internal regulation on compliance for all group companies and conducted surveys on and provide trainings for all employees in order to manage the group.
For details about the group's views and commitments concerning corporate governance, please take a look at the link below.
・About CSR Management https://www.jt-corp.co.jp/en/csr/
- Q20 How do you think about the management of various types of risks?
- A20 In line with the group's expansion, we understand types and sizes of both realized and intrinsic risks have diversified. In order to address various risks, J Trust appoint risk managers for companies and departments to extract risk information in daily business activities and discuss measures to address them. Those risk information identified by companies and departments as an issue that could affect the entire group reviewed by Compliance & Risk Committee for developing appropriate response measure. J Trust will continue to integrate regulations and manuals of its group companies and share risk environment and risk information for fortification of the internal control system .